Monday, January 14, 2013

My Quiet Time Notebook


I was looking on Pinterest one day and came across a pin were a lady had created a "Quiet Time Noteboook". I thought this was a great idea because I would love to be able to look back at what spoke to me and also see ways God answered prayers. So, I started my quiet time notebook.

The lady actually used a 3 ring binder and dividers but I didn't want to buy all of that so I just used a composition book I already had that has dividers made in it. The first section is where I write down key points that stood out to me from my daily devotion. In the second section I write prayer requests and as they are answered I will write how and when God answered that prayer. So far I only have two sections but I am sure I will come up with something for the others as well. This notebook has really helped me in sticking with my devotions and reading my Bible.

As you can see I enjoy using the devotional magazine by Charles Stanley. It's called In Touch Magazine and is completely free. You can order it on In Touch Website or you can just view the devotion online. I'm not saying you need to do this specific devotion, I'm just saying I really like it. I have always loved Charles Stanley and I really enjoy his devotionals. Another preacher I really love is Greg Laurie of Harvest Ministries. He has some awesome devotionals as well. Below is the In Touch devotional magazine I receive in the mail. As you can see the devotions are not very long, but you can get a lot out of them if you will pray and ask God to speak to you.


I underline key points and things that speak to me and then that is what I write about in my notebook. On my blog is where I plan to write my thoughts on what I've studied. Of course I may not be able to write every day on the blog, but if I've read something that really stood out to me or encouraged me in some way I plan to share it on my blog in the hopes that it will help someone else along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment