Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Finally Did It!

44332377552777011_J7TT4dbU_c

I've been wanting to create a blog for a while now just to have a place to write about my relationship with God. I have been a Christian for a long time but I feel like I've failed in my walk with the Lord. I've failed in reading my Bible and spending time in prayer. I always say that I want to grow closer to God, yet I tend to slack off on doing my part. I've always had such a desire to be able to hear God speak to me and to KNOW for sure that it is Him. However, that isn't going to happen unless I spend time with Him like I should. I am guilty of saying a hurried prayer (sometimes memorized) and reading scripture just to say I read it, not really meditating on what it says and giving God time to speak to me. Often times I have felt like reading my Bible was more of a chore than something enjoyable. I would think of so many other things to do. Thankfully, so far this year I have been reading my Bible and devotion, and praying and it has been something I actually look forward to. I am so thankful for the desire I have to grow closer to God. I pray that the desire will continue.

This year I am determined to do my part. I am trying my best to spend time reading my Bible and devotion, and praying. Not just praying when I need something (which I have been guilty of), but praying just to develop a closer relationship with my heavenly Father. I will admit that in the past I have started strong and not really stuck to it. I tend to find everything else to do but read my Bible and pray. I know the devil uses anything he can to take our attention off of God, but it's not all his fault. I make the final decision whether to spend time with God or do something else. Not that there's anything wrong with doing other things, as long as God has priority in your life. I want to make God, and my relationship with Him my first priority this year. My prayer is, "Create in me a clean heart, oh God, and renew a right spirit within me." –Psalm 51:10

I'm hoping by starting this blog it will help me to be accountable and maybe help someone else along the way. As I read my devotions each day I will be writing some key points that I get out of them, as well as keeping track of how God answers my prayers, speaks to me, etc. I am sure this will benefit me, but I hope that this will benefit you in some way too. I pray that God will use something I share to speak to you, or encourage you along the way. Feel free to share this blog with anyone you would like. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment